Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lucky Goat Soap Review

While vacationing over the summer in upstate New York I had the pleasure of coming across a new shop that opened in town that I couldn't be more excited about, Lucky Goat Soap.I absolutely LOVE goat milk products because they are SO fantastic for your skin so when I heard about this place opening I made a beeline straight for it. It could not be a more wonderful shop. It's quaint and shabby chic and absolutely filled to brim with hundreds of soaps, lotion bars, perfume oils, lip balm, skincare etc. I honestly felt like a kid in a candy store! It's also family owned and all the products are made from the family's small herd of goats. Everything is made by hand right above the shop! All of the packaging was eco-friendly in addition to the products being all natural and you could also see photos of all the little goats who helped create the products! The story behind the shop and their ethics had me hooked and I knew this place was definitely going to become a favorite.


They also have a website which I'm absolutely thrilled about since I can order from home! Their website tells the story of the shop and their goats and also explains how the products are made and what ingredients they use.
Here's what I got! Don't they have the cutest packaging btw? The likeness and the name come from one of their goats who fell ill and then recovered, thank goodness! :)

Apple Roonie Full Size Bar- this is the big naked guy up above! It's sitting on a soap tray that I also purchased at the shop that they hand make themselves! The scent of this soap is right up my alley. I love vanillas, apples and spices like cloves and cinnamon. This soap smells like apples and cloves almost like a delicious mulled cider. It's an extremely warm and comforting scent. I've been using this baby for a month and it's pretty much the same size as when I opened it. It lathers like crazy with a pouf or washcloth and leaves you squeaky clean, but not dry at all. My skin has been gradually becoming more smooth because of the lactic acid in the goat's milk. The scent doesn't linger and its unisex enough that even my Hubby uses it in the shower as well. He has KP and this soap helps smooth his arms, so if you suffer from the same condition give goat's milk a try!

Main Street Bakery Pygmy Bar- I could just squeal with joy at the adorable name for the small sized bars, named after pygmy goats of course!! Yet another spicy and food scented soap. This one smells strongly of cinnamon and oranges. Very yummy!

Fireside at Rocky Point Pygmy Bar- Now I mentioned in my previous post that I love bonfires and the way they smell, so when I smelled this soap at the shop I did a little happy dance because it smells so much like your clothes after a bonfire! It smells extremely smokey just like woodsmoke with a hint of balsam and pine. This is definitely one of my favorite scents. I'm waiting for it to get a little cooler outside so I can set this on my sink as hand soap. I just freaking love Fall so much!

Oily Skin Face Serum 0.5oz-When I noticed they had a skincare section I went straight for it. When I say I have a bath and body product addiction, that includes the face and any products you use on it! It's all skin eh? They sell two sizes of all their serums, the 0.5oz and 2oz size. Since I'm always looking for more natural alternatives in all my products I decided to give this stuff a try. I bought the smaller size just in case my acne prone crazy skin had a fit. Fortunately for me I didn't have any negative reactions to the serum. I've been using it as my night cream since July and haven't had any clogged pores, breakouts or acne cysts.You only need a few drops for your face and neck. I let mine soak in for an hour or so before I lay down so it doesn't just get wiped away on my pillow! It makes my face and neck feel baby soft and I am in LOVE with this stuff. I'm not even half way through the bottle, but when I run out I will be purchasing the full size for sure!

I highly recommend taking a peek at the Lucky Goat Soap website and trying a few things for yourselves. Many of their products come in smaller sizes so you can test it out. I already have my next order planned out! Have any of you ever tried goat's milk products before? Make an order from Lucky Goat Soap, please tell me what ya ordered! :)



*All products were purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment